Best combination of the two most scenic routes in Mt Kenya, Sirimon via Chogoria, and includes one mandatory camping night.
- Day 0 (Optional): Arrival from Nairobi, day at Base lodge at Nanyuki
- Day 1: Arrival from Nairobi, enter through Sirimon Park gate. Hike through forest and bamboo (3 – 4 hours) and arrive for overnight at Old Moses Hut
- Day 2: (May be split into 2 days of hiking): Long trek through moorlands to the base of the peaks (7 hours). Sleep in Shipton’s Hut.
- Day 3: Early morning attempt to summit Point Lenana to watch the sunrise. Descent to Minto’s camp and spend the day resting and exploring the Gorges Valley. Sleep in Minto’s campsite
- Day 4: Gentle descent on the left bank of the Gorges Valley to Meru Mount Kenya Lodge (5 -6 hours)
- Day 5: Walk through the Chogoria Forest to base, where vehicle transfers back to Nairobi